One year ago today the boyfriend and I were only hours away from commencing our BIG trip! Where did all that time go?! Memories of soothing sand between my toes are still vivid. So is New Zealand wine, Fiji beer and Miami Mojitos!
I want to go back. To every single place. Perhaps with the exception of Calle 10 in Bogotá where we got mugged.
It was an adventure. A fairytale. And I loved it!
So now, one year after our departure, I’m sat here looking at snow melting while applying for jobs I never get.
Yes, it’s rather depressing.
To honour our round the world journey and all the fantastic memories I created with my (sometimes) better half, I decided to make my own Miami Mojito. Or Mango Mojito, as they’re really called 🙂
For two small portions of these tasty treats, you need:
1/2 mango (plus some for decorating)
4 ts sugar
Juice from 1/2 lime
4 cl Bacardi
And here’s how you mix it all together:
1. Mix mango, sugar and lime (I used a hand blender)
2. Fill two glasses 3/4 with crushed ice (if you don’t have an ice crusher, this YouTube videois helpful)
3. Pour in mango mix
4. Add mint leaves and rom (rub the leaves carefully to extract more flavour)
5. Stir well and top off with sparkling water
6. Decorate with a few mango bits and pop in a straw!